As a consumer of Specialized Lighting Concepts (SLC)products, SLC offers you all of the warranties extended to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. In particular, SLC warrants that all SLC products:
- Are free from defects in materials and workmanship and conform to SLC’s applicable specifications for that product.
- Are of acceptable quality for their type and use, are fit for the purpose for which they are designed, and they comply with our description and specifications for them.
- Comply with any sample of the product we have given you
- Have facilities to repair and a supply of parts will be reasonably available for a reasonable period after supply of the products
- Our warranty is for a period of one year from date of purchase except where otherwise specified
To get warranty service from us you will need to:
- Provide us with written evidence of purchase
- Return the product to us for inspection
Our obligation to you in relation to our warranty is at our option to either:
- Repair the product if repair is posible; or
- Replace with an identical product
- Refund the purchase price.
SLC products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety and to ensure that our products perform as well as possible. Our products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be able to be retrieved for warranty claims, repair or maintenance.
Our warranty will not apply when:
- A power supply which is not a SLC certified supply is used.
- LED rigid board modules are mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the format as supplied, or if the actual LED is subject to unreasonable pressure.
- LED products are not installed by properly qualified installers in accordance with the applicable NZ Electrical Safety Standards & Regulations.
- Correct electrical polarity is not observed.
- LED modules are not cut or divided at the specified cutting marks (marked by a line and/or scissor symbol).
- Products which are installed in an environment which may cause corrosion, or moisture or water damage are not properly protected against such environmental risks.
- Solder and metal parts are not sufficiently laquered when installed in a corossive environment.
- A SLC certified low voltage pulse-width-modulated (PWM) dimmer is not installed when LED products are to be dimmed.
- LED Modules and accessories are not sufficiently ventilated.
- SLCs individual specification and installation procedures are not followed.
- Precautions from “Important Safety Information” on the reverse of this document are not followed.
Unless prior written approval is obtained, SLC will not be liable for any charges relating to the removal, re-installation or freight in regard to product installations.
- Where written approval has been gained, SLC will be limited to the following:
- Travel to a maximum of 25km
- Labour charges to a maximum of 1 hour per item
- A NZ registered GST invoice must be supplied to SLC within 7 days of undertaking any work